At Rough Thread, we think that a life spent in the great outdoors is a life that has been fully lived.
We think that in the wild, untamed, and natural areas, we discover the most refined versions of ourselves, which is why our mission is to inspire in everyone a love of the outdoors that will last a lifetime.
Backpacking should be made simpler, less dangerous, and more fun for everyone. That is our mission. By providing skill-based courses, thorough trip itineraries, and in-depth gear evaluations, our ultimate goal is to encourage people to travel and to enhance the amount of valued wild places that are preserved.
Hikers are encouraged to enjoy the beauty of nature by visiting our website, which is a purpose that comes with a significant amount of responsibility. We emphasize low-impact travel and the Leave No Trace methodology for backpacking in each resource.
In addition, we urge people to make contributions to preserving wilderness areas and volunteer for trail maintenance opportunities.
At Rough Thread, our purpose is to encourage you to get outdoors and equip you with a broad set of outdoor abilities to be ready to go no matter where your travels take you.
Even while we think of ourselves as highly experienced backpacking gurus, we also think of ourselves as people who never stop learning. We hope you find our materials informative, straightforward, and motivational.
If you at any time have input on how we may enhance any of our materials, please be aware that your recommendations will be accepted with open arms if and when you do have such feedback.
Signing up for our newsletter is the most effective method to maintain your connection with us, so please do so below. Additionally, if you follow us on social media, you won't miss out on our travel guides, gear reviews, and more.
We are here to provide you with all of the inspiration and guidance you need to be ready for your various outdoor activities so that we can help you along on this trip that you are on. We have faith in the transforming potential of natural environments.
Being able to exert control when hiking enables us to increase our self-assurance, improve our health, and come to terms with our potential, enabling us to be the most excellent versions of ourselves in our day-to-day lives.
Rough Thread is for you if…
- You like outdoor activities like hiking, camping, taking long car trips, and practicing mindful living.
- You are interested in outdoor activities like hiking, camping, traveling, and mindful living.
- You are someone who enjoys being well-informed and well-prepared for the experiences you go on.
- You are concerned about the state of the world's environment and make an effort to minimize the adverse effects of your trips wherever possible.
- You are interested in being a member of a community of people who like being outside, who share your values, and are welcoming to newcomers. You can't wait to spend more time enjoying yourself and live life to the fullest in the great outdoors.
We believe it is essential for everyone who enjoys being outside to become familiar with and adhere to the Leave No Trace principles. We aim to provide you with the education and resources you need to fulfill this commitment. In addition to this, Rough Thread is an inclusive environment that welcomes individuals of all walks of life and experiences, including members of the BIPOC and LGBTIQ communities.